Dr. Mark Sweeney, a dentist from Austin, Texas, applauses digital radiography and couldn’t imagine caring for his patients without it.
“If you’re having x-rays taken with film in a dental office, you need to find a new dental office.”
He is an early adopter to digital radiography and is grateful for having attended a course on it to learn more about the technology. He cites advantages including patients receiving much less radiation exposure, ability to manipulate images, and being able to communicate the images electronically with other providers.
The “original” x-rays can be stored in the patient’s electronic health record (EHR) for current and future use.
• Digital radiography is more beneficial than conventional radiography.
• Digital radiography is safer to patients with less radiation exposure.
• Digital radiography is convenient and easier to process.
• Digital radiography can be shared electronically for care coordination and insurance processing.
• Patients can request paper copies of digital radiography.
AustinDentalSpa. (2009, June 23). Dental Digital Radiography Austin Texas Dr Mark Sweeney. http://youtu.be/wiX5GvDm11M. Retrieved. July 19, 2012.