Katahdin Valley Health Center (KVHC) is a federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has several clinics including one dental practice, established in northern Maine. While they have been using an electronic health record (EHR) for a few years, they started using dental electronic records more recently. This video highlights the dental practices’ success since implementation of Dentrix Enterprise Electronic Health Record software. It shows some examples of the EHR capabilities, such as schedules and images. Additionally, the clinic has invested in technological equipment that integrates with the electronic records to further the practice.
• Dental EHR improves overall practice workflow.
• Patient information, such as scheduling and intraoral pictures are quickly accessed.
• Treatment plans created more efficiently.
• EHR has allowed practice to experience substantial growth.
• Staff and physicians can work more closely together for better patient care delivery.
kvhctech.(2009, June, 23). KVHCdentrix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFbx6gPT_M Retrieved May 30, 2012.