Dr. Larry Emmott is a dentist and leading expert on digital dental technology. In this video, he offers his suggestions and advice regarding selecting practice management (PM) software.
“The biggest, most important decision you are going to make is what practice management system to get. That’s the infrastructure that runs everything else.”
He also stresses the importance of training. The better the training, the more effective the PM system will be for the dental office and patient care.
• Choose the PM system wisely as it is difficult to change later once it is established.
• Make sure the PM works integrates well with other software and devices, such as digital radiography.
• Determine the number of people that will be using the PM system.
• Determine the desired capabilities and products offered by vendor.
• Require superior training and support.
Dentalcompare (2012, Feb. 6). Dental Practice Management Software Buying Guide. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/rtB7fXYBnu0. July 31, 2012.