This practice management software (PM) offers many features that allow the dental professional to focus on the care of patients rather than spending time with administration. Some of them are online forms and electronic check-in, alert systems, electronic communication to all workstations, project manager, and customization. The charting and clinical notes allow the dental professionals to create and update the electronic health record (EHR). Additionally, the software networks with SureScripts for electronic prescribing and integrates with Lexi-Comp, a company that offers a drug database. XLDent has recently included digital radiography so providers can integrate sensors, pan, and cameras for improved patient care and diagnosis.
“XLDent allows you to optimize your time. The doctor portal provides access to patient contacts and important treatment information from anywhere at anytime.”
• Dentists should seek vendors that offer complete PM software packages.
• Make sure the PM is capable of integrating with all existing software and hardware.
• Make sure PM will integrate with digital radiography.
• Make sure PM vendor provides continuous support in real-time and through online trainings and webinars.
• Make sure PM vendor keeps abreast of latest technologies and keeps your practice up-to-date with those innovations, updates and improvements.
BurkhartDentalSupply.(2012, Jan. 27). Burkhart’s Practice Management Software Demo. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/sTJia7SusVY. August 1, 2012.